5 Commerce Way Auburn, NY 13021Send Application
Why Work Here?
“To bring ideas, products, and services to the forefront of advancing the health and well-being of people around the world”
Are you ready for the opportunity to join a company on an aggressive growth path in the life impacting in-vitro diagnostics and life science research markets? We are eager to add to our growing technical production TEAM individuals like yourself that provide best in class value added skills and know how.
About the job:
We are currently in search of a Technician to join our manufacturing team in our Auburn NY facility.
The Technician is responsible for core production processes and related system quality documentation compliance
- Assembly, alignment, testing, and quality inspection of a wide variety of complex precision optoelectronic products to consistently meeting quality standards
- Understand and strictly follow documented assembly, test, handling, cleanliness procedures
- Foster a high-performing team environment through daily communication with supervisor and colleagues in all manufacturing areas
- Work with manufacturing team to meet production schedules, including overtime as required
- Provide regular feedback to supervisor regarding potential product and assembly process improvements
- Cross-training of basic work instructions
- Work with Engineering and Quality to implement lean process improvements
- Comply with all company policies and programs, to include those regarding ethics, conduct, safety, security, ISO, and continuous improvement
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, Associates Degree or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing or similar environment
- Hard-working, reliable, willingness and ability to learn how to assemble a wide variety of optoelectronic components/subassemblies/products
- Ability to communicate verbally and function in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Manual dexterity, visual acuity and eye-hand coordination
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Advanced Microsoft Office application and general computer skills
- Inventory control and ERP transactions
- Work within a cleanroom environment and follow cleanroom & ESD protocols
Ability to travel as needed required
Core Values We Admire:
- Leadership by example
- Individual ownership towards personal responsibility and performance
- Entrepreneurial approach to our business model
- Excellence – driven team concept
- Respect based and trustful behavior
- Learning and continuous improvement culture
The Perks of Working at Volpi:
- Innovative products and life science customer base.
- Competitive compensation and paid vacation annually plus personal time.
- Generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance that start on your first day, as well as disability and 401k with matching.
- Support and resources to continue your learning and development, including a tuition reimbursement program.
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates, and a management team invested in your development and success.
- Company events such as picnics and holiday gatherings and supporting the community as a team.
About Volpi Manufacturing Inc:
Volpi is a privately owned company with locations in Zurich, Switzerland and Auburn, NY USA. Our core competencies are in systems engineering, development, production and life cycle management of customer-specific OEM subsystems. We are at the forefront of optical module development and manufacturing, which enables our industry leading OEM-customers to realize advantages in speed, accuracy, quality, up time and cost with their instruments.