5 Commerce Way Auburn, NY 13021Send Application
Why Work Here?
“To bring ideas, products, and services to the forefront of advancing the health and well-being of people around the world”
The Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing multiple projects, meeting customer requirements, project timelines, scope, and financial targets. They lead various projects including customer product development, product design transfer/industrialization, life cycle management and internal continuous improvement. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate exceptional facilitation, organizational, communication, and influencing skills. They must also have a proven track record in managing a range of complex, high-impact projects across locations and geographies.
- Responsible for the successful planning, execution, and closing of projects with respect to scope, schedule, resources, and cost
- Perform the project management role in a global matrix organization reporting to US site management and the Project Management Office in Switzerland
- Create customer value by understanding the requirements and constraints and bring them together
- Support bidding team during quotation process by defining the project management plan covering scope, schedule and cost based on the stakeholder inputs and the ISO13485 certified Volpi processes
- Execute projects by creating a motivated project team, directing the work, monitoring and controlling the progress, managing changes and stakeholders
- Conduct proactive risk management: communication of needs, mitigation plans, and requirements relevant to internal/external stakeholders
- Continuously improve the project management processes
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%)
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering or Science
- 5+ years practical experience, with preference to experience in medical device, life sciences or diagnostics industries
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent intercultural communication skills in a global team-based environment
- Highly motivated and accountable with a focus on quality
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Advanced computer skills, especially Microsoft Project and excel
- Project Management certification, preferred
- Understanding of ISO 9001, familiarity with ISO 13485 preferred
Core Values We Admire:
- Leadership by example
- Individual ownership towards personal responsibility and performance
- Entrepreneurial approach to our business model
- Excellence – driven team concept
- Respect based and trustful behavior
- Learning and continuous improvement culture
The Perks of Working at Volpi:
- Innovative products and life science customer base.
- Competitive compensation and paid vacation annually plus personal time.
- Generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance that start on your first day, as well as disability and 401k with matching.
- Support and resources to continue your learning and development, including a tuition reimbursement program.
- Amazingly smart and fun teammates, and a management team invested in your development and success.
- Company events such as picnics and holiday gatherings and supporting the community as a team.
Volpi is a privately owned company with locations in Zurich, Switzerland and Auburn, NY USA. Our core competencies are in systems engineering, development, production and life cycle management of customer-specific OEM subsystems. We are at the forefront of optical module development and manufacturing, which enables our industry leading OEM-customers to realize advantages in speed, accuracy, quality, up time and cost with their instruments.