Lagerstrasse 10, CH-8953 DietikonSend Application
Your main functions:
- Influence the development and manufacturing of major OEM products with clever designs and sustainable production setups
- Contribute to the next generation IVD solutions by successfully transferring designs to manufacturing and support Operations in the serial production phase
- Play a key role in the life cycle management of existing products by coordinating changes with Engineering, Quality and Operations
- In particular:
- Develop mechanical designs for demanding optical measurement solutions in the IVD and Life Science market
- Create production tools and fixtures for production setups in cleanroom facilities including complex end-of-line tester devices
- Development of process and equipment validations that meet ISO 13485 requirements (IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Take over the responsibility for smooth design transfers to Operations by writing operation plans, training of the Operations staff and assisting in the build of zero series
- Use lean manufacturing concepts to analyze manufacturing and test process flows for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput
- Coordinate and carry out life cycle management activities like design and obsolescence driven changes or cost-down measures in accordance to the change management process
- Support in re-calibration activities of production means like measurement devices and end-of-line tester
- Several years of experience as a mechanical design and/or process engineer in the development and manufacturing of complex products in a regulated environment
- Experience in the development of medical or IVD products to ISO13485 standard or in the field of biochemistry for clinical and molecular diagnostics would be an advantage
- Proven track record of successfully mastered production transfers and process improvements of complex and interdisciplinary products
- Completed studies in a technical or natural sciences field at a university of applied sciences, preferably with master’s or doctorate degree in mechanical engineering
- Certification as Six-Sigma green or black belt preferred
- Aptitude for working with people, very high level of social competence, and communication talent
- Pronounced self-motivation and commitment in connection with a strong sense of responsibility and reliability
- High degree of quality consciousness
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and German
- Willingness to undergo continuous further training
What we offer:
By cooperating with our global customers, we strive to have a positive effect on people’s lives through improved healthcare diagnostics.
Independent and varied position with growth potential in a dynamic and international work environment. A highly motivated, collegial team and attractive employment conditions await you.
We look forward to receiving your full application by regular mail or email.
Volpi is a privately owned company with locations in Zurich, Switzerland and Auburn, NY USA. Our core competencies are in systems engineering, development, production and life cycle management of customer-specific OEM subsystems. We are at the forefront of optical module development and manufacturing, which enables our industry leading OEM-customers to realize advantages in speed, accuracy, quality, up time and cost with their instruments.
What We Offer
The potential for growth in a dynamic and international environment. A wide variety of responsibilities with the opportunity to work independently and collaboratively in teams. A highly motivated and supportive environment with entrepreneurial spirit. Professional development opportunities in an expanding industry requiring technical excellence and ingenuity. Our benefits package is considered to be in the top 10% for companies of any size.