Auburn, NYSend Application
Volpi is a privately owned company with locations in Zurich, Switzerland and Auburn, NY USA. Our core competencies are in systems engineering, development, production and life cycle management of customer-specific OEM subsystems. We are at the forefront of optical module development and manufacturing, which enables our industry leading customers to realize advantages in speed, accuracy, quality, up-time and cost with their instruments.
Your main functions:
Work collaboratively with design engineers, suppliers, production personnel, and contract manufactures, to contribute to the development, support, and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Use your knowledge of CAD and CAM systems to create and improve custom tools and fixtures. Must know how to use SolidWorks CAD application and have a basic understanding of tool and fixture design.
- Develop and document manufacturing processes using MS Office applications, CAD models, and SolidWorks Composer animation program.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using approved engineering change control processes.
- Support process and equipment validations that meet FDA cGMP and ISO 13485 requirements
(IQ, OQ, PQ).
- Monitor test data and metrics for statistical process controls (SPC).
- Use lean manufacturing concepts to analyze manufacturing and test process flows for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
- Investigate and document product and process non-conformances, determine root cause, and recommend corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
This is a highly visible position requiring daily communications with management, customers, and suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of relevant experience. 2022-2023 Graduates will be considered.
- Previous internships or work experience in medical device, automotive, or other highly regulated manufacturing environments
- Machine shop experience preferred
- Experience with CAD, CAM, applications; SolidWorks preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of lean manufacturing principals, Six Sigma methodologies, Green Belt training and/or certification preferred
- Experience with Minitab and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel to customers and suppliers (~10% Required)
What we offer:
The potential for growth in a dynamic and international environment. A wide variety of responsibilities with the opportunity to work independently and collaboratively in teams. A highly motivated and supportive environment with entrepreneurial spirit. Professional development opportunities in an expanding industry requiring technical excellence and ingenuity. Our benefits package is considered to be in the top 10% for companies of any size.
Are you interested in this challenge? We look forward to receiving your resume by e‑mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).