Dietikon, ZurichSend Application
What you can expect:
The primary role of this position is to lead and advance our team of mechanical, electronics and firmware engineers and to further the architecture and re-use of the control and mechatronics systems driving our measuring modules. You manage the team and implement a performance and customer oriented, collaborative and team spirited agile culture. Empowering the team members to work self-organized in their agile project teams contributes to the success of our customer projects.
Reporting to the Head of R&D you are a hands-on leader responsible for:
- Lead, manage and further develop the capabilities in the team and improve the technical, methodical, and interpersonal skills of each team member
- Harmonize and develop the functional and engineering discipline standards (e.g., design rules, tools,
methods). Ensure training of each team member and a thorough implementation of best practices
- Collaborate in the cross-team and cross-functional coordination that secures an agile and self-organized planning and coordination between various fixed project teams of the activities from parallel programs in the company
- Participate in project reviews to assure the quality of project work and results and enforce adherence to rules and guidelines
- Advise project management and team members on estimating resource and timeline requirements for mechatronics and controls subsystem developments in customer projects
- Lead and facilitate the further development of architecture/platform standards for the Volpi product range and the provision of ready to use reusable assets that speed up the development of new modules
- Build and maintain a network of external partners that can augment the staffing needs of the projects in case of peak resource demand or add specialty knowledge/skills
- Manage our electronics laboratories and our Maker Space and advance our facilities for testing and fast prototyping of demonstrators, proof of concepts and prototypes
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor or Master in Electronics or Mechatronics
- At least 10 years of experience in developing inter-disciplinary mechatronics or measuring systems
- Several years of experience in a technical and personnel leadership role in R&D with a proven record to advance the capabilities of those managed
- Experience in the development of medical or IVD products to ISO13485 standard or in other industries with a strong regulatory background would be an advantage
- Experience in electronics and mechanical CAD systems and embedded software engineering environments
- Strong self-motivation combined with a high personal responsibility, degree of reliability, quality awareness and sense for pragmatic solutions
- Aptitude for working with people, very high level of social competence, and communication talent
- Able to deal with VUCA situations and driving the way forward
- Pronounced self-motivation and commitment in connection with a strong sense of responsibility and reliability
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and German
What we offer:
Independent and varied position with growth potential in a dynamic and international work environment. A highly motivated, collegial team and attractive employment conditions in a modern office building with a rooftop terrace within walking distance from Dietikon train station await you. Ultimately, your work will have a positive effect on people’s lives through improved healthcare diagnostics.
Are you interested in this job?
We look forward receiving your full application by email (email@example.com).